Neighbourhood Programs Facilitator With Parkwood Gardens Neighbourhood Group
Hourly Rate: $15.00 per hour Hours of Work: Up to 5-10 hours per week (hours change based on programs offered) Start Date: October 2019- May 2020
This is a Guelph Neighbourhood Support Coalition (GNSC) job, working with the Parkwood Gardens Neighbourhood Group (PGNG). PGNG celebrates the creativity and diversity of our neighbourhood through events, programs and services, designed and delivered directly with our community members. We’re seeking to further engage adults, families, children and youth through these programs. We want someone who works well in a team setting, and who is energetic, inclusive and creative.
- Facilitate the diverse weekly programming offered by PGNG
- Work with the Program Coordinator to implement programming for youth, adults, newcomers, and seniors
- Help evaluate programs through community and participant feedback
- Work with program participants of all ages to ensure that PGNG programming is inclusive, fun, and safe for all
- Support and supervise volunteers for programs and events
- Work with the Program Coordinator to understand the assets and needs of the community
- Program planning experience (including working with children, adults, newcomers, and seniors)
- Practiced non-judgement while working in a diverse community
- Strong organization skills, especially the ability to multi-task under pressure
- Must hold/be willing to attain First Aid and CPR Certification, a Police Record Check, and a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Experience working with children, adults, newcomers, and seniors is considered an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A demonstrated ability to connect with other people in a caring way
- Volunteer management/ supervision
- Knowledge of the Parkwood Gardens Neighbourhood Group, and/or the GNSC
Accountability: This position is accountable to both the Program Coordinator, the Neighbourhood Group’s Leadership Team, and the GNSC Program Supervisor.
How to apply to the GNSC:
- Read through any of the postings listed and consider if one fits with your existing interests and experiences.
- Visit the Neighbourhood Groups’ websites, (most NGs have their own neighbourhood specific website or social media profile) and consider if there is alignment between your passions, and this organization’s vision and mission.
- Send your updated resume and a cover letter stating which role you are applying for (for example “Neighbourhood Support Worker”). Please observe the submission deadline specified in the posting, and send to: email@example.com